Private Studio 2015 – Present
Have you ever wanted to learn and understand Indian classical music irrespective of what instrument you play?
Are you looking for a greater variety in piano repertoire or new inspiration for improvisational techniques?
Utsav Lal Piano Studio was officially launched in March 2019 . For a limited number of students, Utsav Lal now offers individual private lessons which can be Online via Skype or in person, if based in New York city area. Currently, with the Covid situation all lessons are conducted online.
We understand everyone has different goals and relationships with music. Some people wish to become highly trained performers, others prefer keeping it a personal past-time spending more time listening and exploring than dedicating hours every day to practice. All lessons are customized based on individual requirements (none more or less valid than the other) and Utsav works very closely with all his students to help them achieve their own personal goals and aspirations.
Content of Lessons can include and is not limited to-
-Understanding and absorbing Raga delineation processes
-Indian rhythmic concepts
-Advanced piano technique
-Ear training for Indian classical and Jazz harmony
-Repertoire and Improvisational techniques
-Critical feedback on developing your own unique voice
-Refining practice methods to get the most efficient use of your time
Please write to [email protected] for details regarding private lessons in person or online.
Piano School of NYC – 2018 – 2020
Private and Group Lessons. https://www.pianoschoolofnyc.org/administration-faculty/utsav-lal/
Member of the non-profit initiative founded by Derek Beckvold. Teach to Learn brings together humans from around the world to engage in a cultural exchange through music.
Responsibilities include tutoring and lesson exchanges with students from Indian classical traditions wishing to learn about western musical traditions and broaden their horizons.
Boston Philharmonic Orchestra Teaching Artist; 2017 -2018
- Hyde Square Task Force – Group and Private Piano Lesson Instructor
Multidisciplinary Youth arts initiative that primarily targets children and youth from underprivileged backgrounds in the latin quarters of Jamaica Plains, Boston.
Responsibilities included beginner and intermediate piano and basic musicianship skills including technique, notation and reading, ear training skills and composition.
- Epiphany School – Piano Lesson Instructor and Ensemble Coach
Independent charter school for children of economically disadvantaged families with financial aid for all students.
Just Intonational Video Tutorial Series; 2017 to Present
- Produced a 5 episode Just Intonational video series in associated with Warren Senders (New England Conservatory Faculty)
- Work included extensive research into pedagogical techniques for intonational systems, filming, scripting and editing the series. Scheduled for release in late 2018.
- Founded the jazz program at one of the leading music education centers in Delhi.
- Composed curriculum for program including elements of jazz history, composition, harmony, analysis, arrangement, ensemble skills, ear training and improvisational techniques.
- Students from 14 to 35 years of age with intermediate to advanced musical skills.
- Curating school concerts once a semester with entirely original music composed by the students.
Breaking Boundaries-Solo Workshops Introduction to different perspectives of improvisation mainly focusing on Indian classical, jazz and contemporary improvisation
- Community Music Center of Boston (Boston, USA) 2018
- Hong Kong Baptist University (Hong Kong), 2017
- Toledo Technology Academy (Toledo, Ohio, USA)2015
- Vibrations Music Academy (Ahmedabad, India) 2014
- Irish Academy of World Music (Limerick, Ireland) 2009
- Furtado’s Music (Delhi/Bangalore/Mumbai, India)2009
Music Appreciation Workshops with Fat-Suit (Instrumental collective)
- Dornoch Primary School (Dumfries, Scotland, UK) 2013
- Tain Academy (Tain, Scotland, UK) 2013
Click Here to Download Resume (Teaching) Utsav Lal